Monday, September 26

Busy DJ!

I've been working hard lately -- DJing, producing, and making community appearances. It's SO much fun... and a bit tiring, too.

Through Clear Channel, I have the opportunity to voice commercials for other stations across the US. Lately, I've been doing two a day -- wherever I'm needed, but also keeping an eye out for local/regional opportunities in Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. As Laura "commented", I recently voiced a spot for Alfred Angelo's -- a bridal shop in Pittsburgh that is running on KISS-FM. I also did some voicework for Cleveland's 3rd largest client, Klaben.

The last two weeks, WNCO-FM and WNCO-AM have been out & about at the Wayne and Ashland County Fairs. I love meeting and interacting with listeners. Trace Adkins was unable to perform at the Ashland Fair Wednesday night because he had emergency abdominal surgery -- definitely a downer for him and his fans. It was too short of notice to find a replacement (Neal McCoy NOR JoDee Messina could not get their bands together in time! Either would've been a decent replacement act). However, a local oldies/country band took the stage for a free show -- encouraging the audience to donate money to help the 9 relocated Hurricane Victims in Ashland. Gene & I introduced Good Company and they put on a good show.

Thursday night was KARAOKE!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's called The WNCO Country Roadshow. We take turns actually hosting the show, but all of the on-air staff -- as well as some sales and traffic girls & guys -- attend. And yes, that's me singing (far right) -- "Here for the Party"!

Our winners Steve Hicks and John Allen won cowboy hats from the WESTERN SHOP in Mansfield.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They'll compete on November 5th against all the other finalists for:

$500

A recording session

and a custom-made belt buckle worth $250!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I love the pictures!!!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home