Monday, February 21

Manic Monday...

This Week in Broadcasting...
* Morning Show went well this morning -- it really is the best way to start the week! I gave our aircheck to Dr. B -- he plans to use it as a GOOD EXAMPLE in his Radio Announcing class :) Go Pat & Megan!
* My Froggy 95 shift Sunday night was AWESOME! I had the cuuuutest caller -- he sounded about six years old -- maybe younger? I got his request on-air -- AND airchecked it! I also think I got some other pretty good stuff from my aircheck.
* My Froggy PD, John Thomas, gave me his feedback today on my "Love Song Weekend" and "Pat & Megan in the Morning" airchecks from last week. He said technically everything sounded good, which was the one thing I was actually most worried about. I was very glad to hear that that ran smoothly. John suggested that I hit the station slogan harder -- & not to "throw it away". This is definitely something I plan to work hard on.
* One thing I've learned from ALL Pat & Megan in the Morning feedback is that Pat & I "lend" each other our mistakes... Although we help one another most of them time, at times we also pass along crutches. John seemed to like the show a lot. He suggested that we "watch the laugh factor" -- which I agree on. Sometimes we just need to move on quickly instead on dwelling on something that is funny (it's radio, not a normal college student convo). I have some other feedback from John that I plan on sharing with Pat on Friday at Capstone.
* WKST news from 12:30PM - 6PM Monday through Thursday this week (I'm off Friday for Capstone Class/Meeting). Listen to me on 1200AM! 8-)

Career Goals...
* Morning Show, please! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE radio!! It's so much fun. & I still have that itch for news, too -- especially since I have that scanner in my apartment now.
* I WANT A FULL-TIME JOB AFTER GRADUATION! It would be LOVELY if that job paid well, too :)

Media-Related News...
* Amber Brkitch (Beaver, PA... Westminster Grad... Alpha Gam Alum) & Boston Rob (both of Survivor fame) are back -- on The Amazing Race ( http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/ ). There is also a couple from Canfield/Youngstown, Ohio. The premiere of the show's 7th season is Tuesday, March 1st.

Other News...
* I'm looking forward to meeting for Capstone this Friday. I have lots of questions -- & hopefully we can further solidify our plans for our Broadcast Festival in April.
* Another the PovertyNeck Hillbillies concert this Saturday. & I'm going home to Pittsburgh this weekend -- I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I hope you can get other people to understand you can really grow and learn from doing the D.J. shifts!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home