Falling into place...
Things are finally falling into place & I'm starting to feel like Ashland is home. (Still only FOR NOW, though!)
I had a great time Saturday night @ the Toby Keith concert, especially spending time with my co-workers! A little boy from Make-A-Wish sang "American Soldier" with Toby on stage... very touching! He was good, too. Chris, who came to the concert with me & is from Mansfield, had never been to SHEETZ! So we stopped there after the concert for yummy food (no one from Ohio gets the whole Sheetz thing... they all think eating at a gas station is gross, but it's not like that, as we PA people know!)
Saturday, I competed in the "Corporate Challenge" at the Ribfest (yum!) The Clear Channel team was me, the morning team from Y-105, & two other DJ's. We competed against Richland Bank (reigning champs & we kicked their butts!), the Mansfield "Y", the Ashland News Journal, and a few other businesses. It was a lot of fun -- I even climbed a rock wall! We did other silly competitions as well. & they made me play hockey "for fun" (not fun!) Katie (morning show co-host on Y-105) is from Pittsburgh & started out at KDKA (radio & TV) so we had a lot to talk about (including the wonderful Jeff Verszyla, who sadly just got married!)
Saturday night, Susie & Jim (WC roommates) came to visit & we went out on the town. I cooked them dinner & breakfast while they were here -- I'm so domestic now! Sunday, Chris & I met a couple of his friends at Lake Erie & spent the day at the "beach" (hey, Lake Erie was my first ever beach, so I can't complain!)
I found out today that I will have another remote for Family Pools and Spas on the 21st. Also learned that I will get to meet Darryl Worley when he comes to the Knox County Fair on the 29th. Cool stuff. Can't wait to flash my Press Pass around :)
There are pictures up on the WNCO website from the Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue Karaoke Contest" (when listeners won tickets to the concert I went to on Friday.) Check it out!
I had a great time Saturday night @ the Toby Keith concert, especially spending time with my co-workers! A little boy from Make-A-Wish sang "American Soldier" with Toby on stage... very touching! He was good, too. Chris, who came to the concert with me & is from Mansfield, had never been to SHEETZ! So we stopped there after the concert for yummy food (no one from Ohio gets the whole Sheetz thing... they all think eating at a gas station is gross, but it's not like that, as we PA people know!)
Saturday, I competed in the "Corporate Challenge" at the Ribfest (yum!) The Clear Channel team was me, the morning team from Y-105, & two other DJ's. We competed against Richland Bank (reigning champs & we kicked their butts!), the Mansfield "Y", the Ashland News Journal, and a few other businesses. It was a lot of fun -- I even climbed a rock wall! We did other silly competitions as well. & they made me play hockey "for fun" (not fun!) Katie (morning show co-host on Y-105) is from Pittsburgh & started out at KDKA (radio & TV) so we had a lot to talk about (including the wonderful Jeff Verszyla, who sadly just got married!)
Saturday night, Susie & Jim (WC roommates) came to visit & we went out on the town. I cooked them dinner & breakfast while they were here -- I'm so domestic now! Sunday, Chris & I met a couple of his friends at Lake Erie & spent the day at the "beach" (hey, Lake Erie was my first ever beach, so I can't complain!)
I found out today that I will have another remote for Family Pools and Spas on the 21st. Also learned that I will get to meet Darryl Worley when he comes to the Knox County Fair on the 29th. Cool stuff. Can't wait to flash my Press Pass around :)
There are pictures up on the WNCO website from the Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue Karaoke Contest" (when listeners won tickets to the concert I went to on Friday.) Check it out!
3 Comments:
I offered a blog update about you on my blog this week! I really like the new look of your weblog.
Hey Megan,
I met this kid at Infinity who went to High school with you and he said you did a couples' dance at Romp 'n Roll. I asked him if you made out, but he said no.
whoops I guess I did forget to mention his name--Rob Speer from NH
Post a Comment
<< Home