Tuesday, December 28

Breaking News!

Divers recovered the body of a woman from Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park today. The woman was found inside a submerged car. Officials say that car is registered to a 55-year-old woman from Warren, Ohio. They estimate it fell through the ice and into the lake sometime late Sunday or early Monday. Trappers found tire tracks and a hole in the ice on the lake around seven-30 yesterday morning. Divers began searching yesterday with no luck, and resumed their search this morning.

Today was a very "newsy" afternoon. I was waiting for more information on this story -- figuring it would break today. When I was checking the Post Gazette website at 2:00, I found the story (from the Associated Press, which Forever Broadcasting unfortunately does not use) about the discovery of the woman's body. After some calling around, I was able to verify a few facts for my 2:30 newscast. Still with more facts to verify (as other stations seemed to have info that I couldn't seem to get), I was told that a press release would be sent out with further information. Luckily, Metro News (which I hesitate to compare to the AP Wire, but it is (unfortunately) our state-and-nationwide source) had the information I was unable to get from State Police and Moraine State Park officials. So I FINALLY got the whole story!

I wish it was County Line time, 'coz I would love to do an ice-safety story -- it would definitely work well with this unfortunate incident (even though it happened in Butler County). I've read a few articles in local papers/online about this issue. Needless to say, I'm ready & rarin' to go for TV next semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home